Welcome to Skerne Medical Group
The initial findings from our recent Public Consultation are available on the Practice Consultation tab. The document is a proposal and the process still has various stages to go through before a final decision is made.
For further information on the Premises Scenarios and supporting information, please see the Practice Consultation tab along the top of this page.
Public Consultation outcome
At the Primary Care Committee on 21/1/20 Option 1 was fully approved. This enables Skerne Medical Group to remain in and extend Harbinson House surgery, Sedgefield, remain in and extend Trimdon Colliery surgery and ultimately to close Fishburn surgery. Work on this option will now be progressed.
This new service lets patients consult with NHS GPs by completing a quick online form. This service also directs patients to self-help, pharmacy advice and local self-referral services. Just click on the picture below to get started (please note this service does not guarantee liaison with a particular GP).
Find Support for Veterans in Your Local Area via - https://www.veteransgateway.org.uk/local-support/
Connect veterans and their families with a range of local support organisations – both within and outside the Armed Forces sector. The services have been grouped into categories such as Education and Training, Employment, Finances etc.
Navigate through the categories to find the support you need, or use the search function by clicking on the magnifying glass icon in the map toolbar;
- On the map home screen, the search function searches all organisations in the directory.
- When you have a category open, the search function searches all data within that category
Flu Campaign 2019 ** APPOINTMENTS ARE AVAILABLE ** Please contact Reception (either by telephoning your surgery or calling in) to book an appointment for your vaccination.
The free flu vaccination is available to;
- Patients who are 65 years and over (including those becoming age 65 years by 31st March 2020).
- Patients aged from 6 months to less than 65 years of age with a serious medical condition such as; chronic (long term) respiratory disease, e.g. severe asthma, COPD or bronchitis; chronic heart disease, chronic liver disease, chronic kidney disease at stage three, four or five, chronic neurological disease such as motor neurone disease or Parkinson’s disease or learning disability; diabetes; splenic dysfunction, those patients with a weakened immune system due to disease or treatment; PLUS people living or working in long stay residential care home and any registered carer. In addition pregnant women & those with a BMI >40 are also eligible.
- In addition the children's vaccine (nasal spray) is now available, please contact us for an appointment if your child was aged 2yrs or 3yrs on 31st August 2019.
Have you moved or have you changed your contact details?
Have you told us too? Please keep us up to date with your details.
Between the hours of 18:00 and 08:00 including weekends and Bank Holidays, assistance is available from the out-of-hours service, please contact NHS 111.
For emergency appointments every Saturday, Sunday and during Bank Holiday closures please contact NHS 111, who will direct you to your nearest available service one of which is Harbinson House, Sedgefield.
For further information relating to these services please press here to Find out more. For Information relating to Pharmacies that are open over the Holiday weekend in this area, please choose Darlington.doc or Durham.doc. For information relating to Hospitals and Dentists, please click on the NHS Choices Icon at the bottom of this page. To find out about our Practice Values Find out more
Accessible Information Standard
If you, or anyone you know, has a communication difficulty and needs information in a different format, e.g. large text or easy read, please let us know. For more information about the accessible information standard, please visit NHS England's website:
Did you know that you can cancel your appointment with us in a click through SystmOnline Online Services.
(Site updated 24/01/2020)